Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Librarian Museum

So, the budget cuts just keep on coming. It looks like I will not be a library grunt for much longer. Every time I get introduced to a new person, they say--oh, you're that Vera. Not good.
Hopefully, I should be able to squeeze my way into a new position. If not, I'm in trouble.


Although, I must admit, today might have strengthened the arguments against my position. I have spent the past few days doing some much needed spring cleaning and reorganization of our office. I was trying to figure out where to put all the desks and assorted things. I assembled the desks as seen below, but when I saw the museum guide thing and the portable microform reader I knew what I had to do!

It's a Librarian Museum!! This is what the office must have looked at back in the day.
SL380079

Our librarian is working on adjusting the card catalog:
SL380078

Our portable "Informant" microfiche/film reader:
SL380077

The miracles of modern science--our brand new electric typewriter!
SL380076
We have our photocopying charge slips and our checkout forms at hand:


SL380075
Ah, the good ol' days.
SL380074
Shared with Flock - The Social Web Browser
http://flock.com

No comments: