Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Day in the Life of a Library Assistant

Despite working 6 hours (twice my normal day, oh so exhausting) I didn't find a single document that made me laugh. So instead of a document photo today I will give you somewhat of a guided tour of my day.

I walk out of the house and am greeted by the thing Tampa has most--religion. This is a newly remodeled LDS church.


I head down my tree lined street, though usually I stick to the sidewalk.


If it's not too swampy I cut across one of the many open spaces on campus


sometimes stopping to take a photo, like this one of my monster shadow


or a squirrel on a palm tree


I vomit as I pass this building


I arrive at the library. Isn't it weird that it's just called the Library?


I head toward my now clean workstation:


I stamp a lot books for disposal, finally taking out my revenge!


I get excited about this celestial globe that somehow ended up in my area (anyone know what this is called for real?)



I wonder if this 4 by 6 postcard from 1989 of a freeway system in CA is really still necessary for our collection (can anyone name the city? This one I actually know)



As I file more new microfiche for 2 1/2 hours I wonder whose night of heavy smoking keeps them from going to work?


I walk through aisles of manila envelopes looking for just the right one



My six hours are up so I stop upstairs, grab some books, study for a bit, and check out the view of roller coasters across the street with downtown in the background haze


I leave the library and walk through my favorite spot on campus:


I arrive home and the prepare for the return of the nothing

1 comment:

Brian said...

I was married in the area shown in the final photograph.