Thursday, September 27, 2007

Eat your Wheaties, stop a riot

I make no secret of the fact I dislike the US government. However, I am glad that people have fought and fought over the years to keep the government open. Their work, which is in desperate need today, allows me to read these things that the government reports about my people.

Like this one:


And many of you know I own and love:



Now here's another thing, the government's classification system rocks. It is organized by department, by subject, by document type, and by year. They could use to make their online catalog more accessible, but the physical collection is really quite user friendly. Things that are related are always next to each other. If that's not the case it's because something has been misplaced. That's what makes the picture below so amusing.*



The government must believe that urban unrest stems from retardation due to lack of a high-fiber diet!



*I must admit that while these books were absolutely in the same section, I did place them directly next to each other for the photo. The other books around them were similar and the effect was there, but this just made for a better picture.

No comments: